THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
You may exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act by clicking here or calling (800) 447-2603.
“Personal Information” generally means any information that identifies you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect a few categories of information, from a few different sources.
Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites, such as by our web servers and by third party analytics tools we use:
- Our system logs may record certain information about visitors to our Sites, including the web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device and mobile ad identifiers, browser information, interaction with the Sites, pages viewed, app usage, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- We may detect the physical location of your device by, for example, using GPS information collected by mobile apps or location information shared by your web browser. We collect this information for purposes of enhancing or facilitating our services, such as enabling certain functionalities of the Sites that can provide you with information about promotions or relevant product information near you. Should you wish to opt out of the collection of this information, please adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. Please consult your device settings for further information.
HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- to communicate with you about services, promotions, campaigns, programs, contests, and accounts
- to inform you about our products, promotions, events or other promotional purposes
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while
- to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and on behalf of our promotional and strategic partners
- to improve your experience with our products and services, such as by personalizing your experience with us
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- to comply with applicable law and legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud
- to facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites
- to provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our operations or those of our affiliates
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
To the extent permitted by law, all of your Personal Information may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- in connection with the essential purposes described above (e.g., to comply with legal obligations)
COMMUNICATING WITH YOU.
You expressly give permission to U Digital Group to contact you according to the following terms:
- Registration & Accounts. You agree that U Digital Group may contact you about any matter relating to your registration with U Digital Group, your submission of an inquiry for any U Digital Group product or service, your application for a product or service, and for any purpose arising out of or in connection with any account you may obtain from U Digital Group. We may contact you for any purpose related to any account you have, such as payment reminders or suspicious activity.
- Marketing. You agree that U Digital Group may contact you to tell you about, and to offer for sale, products or services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send to you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future communications.
- Agents. You agree that U Digital Group may use agents or representatives to contact you on our behalf.
- Phone, SMS, Autodialers. You agree that U Digital Group may contact you through any means, including emails, telephone, SMS messages (including text messages), calls using pre-recorded messages or artificial voice, and calls and messages delivered using automatic telephone dialing systems (auto-dialer) or an automatic texting system. Automated messages may be played when the telephone is answered, whether by you or someone else. U Digital Group and its agent or representative may leave messages on your answering machine, voice mail, or send messages via text.
- Recorded lines. You agree that U Digital Group and our agents, representatives, affiliates or anyone calling on our behalf may contact you on a recorded line.
- Accurate numbers. You certify telephone numbers that you have provided to us are your contact numbers, and that you are permitted to receive calls at each of the telephone numbers you have provided to us. You agree to promptly alert us whenever you stop using a particular telephone number. We may contact you using any information you have provided to U Digital Group or any of its affiliates, at any telephone number, or any physical, email, or electronic address you provide or at which you may be reached.
- Push-Notifications/Alerts. You may select for U Digital Group to send you messages called “Alerts” by text or phone. Alerts may be delayed or prevented by factor(s) affecting your internet/phone provider or other relevant entities. U Digital Group is not liable for losses or damages arising from non-delivery, delayed delivery, or the erroneous delivery of any Alert, or inaccurate Alert content. You are responsible for your use or reliance on the contents of any Alert for any purposes. The information in any Alert may be subject to certain delays. Each Alert may not be encrypted and may include your name and information pertaining to your account(s). U Digital Group may terminate your use of Alerts at any time without notice. You may choose to discontinue receiving Alerts by updating your U Digital Group App Notifications preferences.
- SMS Notifications. All SMS Notifications in electronic format from us to you will be considered to be in writing.
- Capability to view messages. In order to access, view, and retain SMS Notifications that we make available to you, you must have: (i) a SMS-capable mobile phone, (ii) an active mobile phone account with a communication service provider; and (iii) sufficient storage capacity on your mobile phone.
- You are responsible for messaging Costs. U Digital Group MAY USE ANY MEANS OF COMMUNICATION DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION EVEN IF YOU WILL INCUR COSTS TO RECEIVE SUCH PHONE MESSAGES, TEXT MESSAGES, E-MAILS OR OTHER MEANS. You are responsible for any and all charges, including but not limited to, fees associated with text messaging, imposed by your communications service provider. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for sending and receiving text messages. These charges will appear on your phone bill. Message frequency depends on account status or settings. We may modify or terminate our text messaging services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice, including the right to terminate text messaging with or without notice, without liability to you.
Information Sharing With Joint Venture Partners
We may participate with another company or individual for purposes of jointly promoting our products, services, promotions or contests or their products, services, promotions, or contests. We reserve to right to disclose your personal information and usage data that you generate to them for purposes of (i) compensation, transaction processing, fulfillment, and support, and (ii) for purposes of offering you other products, services, promotions, and contests. These joint venture marketing partners may also contact you regarding other products, services, promotions, or contests.
DO NOT TRACK
THIRD PARTY SITES
We are also not responsible for the privacy and data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Twitter or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer. Please read their privacy policies and consider customized settings on your browser or through your mobile phone to limit disclosure of certain information, such as location data.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS RIGHTS
We do not intend for our websites or other online services to knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow minors under the age of 13 to disclose their Personal Information to us through the Sites. The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. You may mark your inquiry “COPPA Information Request.” Parents can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
- You may email us at: email@example.com.
- You may call us at +1 650 870 20 15
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in any emails to us.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with additional rights.
To exercise these rights click here or you may dial (800) 447-2603.
RIGHT TO KNOW
You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
The business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information;
The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information; and
The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
RIGHT TO DELETE
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you by calling +1 650 870 20 15. There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
Complete your transaction;
Provide you a good or service;
Perform a contract between us and you;
Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
Fix our system in the case of a bug;
Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
Comply with a legal obligation; or
Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name
Performing services; providing customer service and protecting against fraud.
categories listed in the
Records statute (Cal. Civ.
Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, address, telephone number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Provide protect against fraud.
characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information)
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological
characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Providing services, performing marketing and services
Physical location or movements.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
information (per the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R.
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
Inferences drawn from
other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The categories of sources from whom we collected this Personal Information are:
Directly from a California resident or the individual’s representatives
Service Providers, Consumer Data Resellers and other third parties
Public Record Sources (Federal, State or Local Government Sources)
Information from our Affiliates
Website/Mobile App Activity/Social Media
Information from Client Directed Third Parties
Affiliates of U Digital Group
Vendors and Service Providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing, marketing and marketing research activities
Partners and Third Parties who provide services
Other Third Parties who enable customers to conduct transactions online and via mobile devices and support mortgage and fulfillment services
Government Agencies as required by laws and regulations
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
To request access to or deletion of your Personal Information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using one of the following methods:
WEBSITE – You may visit our site to authenticate and exercise your rights.
PHONE – You may dial our Customer Service at +1 650 870 20 15
OTHER DESIGNATED METHODS – We only have two designated methods for submitting your verifiable consumer request, and currently we do not accept requests via US mail. This is to protect you – and us – from fraudulent activity.
RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMAT – We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 30 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.